3/6/08

Candy: Wildly Cherry M&M'S®

Today, I had the pleasure of running into a bag of Limited Edition Wildly Cherry M&M'S®.

I have to admit, I don't love cherry as a flavor, as there are many more interesting flavor combinations to come by. However, I do like chocolate cherry cordials so why not give these M&M'S® a try?

The first impression, often important with something you are going to eat, was that these are larger than regular M&M'S®, and perhaps peanut M&M'S® as well (didn't have any to compare). I took one and popped it in my mouth. The flavor is pretty intense! I expected a much more mild flavor, but the cherry is very "in your face", or in this case, mouth.

The next one from the bag I decide to bite in half. I had expected to find a freeze dried cherry inside of it, based on the flavor and texture of the previous one. But alas, it's chocolate all the way through. This was enough playing for me, so I proceeded to gobble up the rest of the bag in handfuls.

Pros:
A nice new flavor from M&M'S®.
Larger that original M&M'S®.

Cons:
"Limited Edition", which means they might not be around for long.
Not much variety: two colors, one flavor.

Verdict:
-If you like cherry flavor and chocolate, you will love these, so buy them by the case before they are gone forever. Then, start writing letters to M&M'S®, demanding they make them a regular product.
-If you are a fan of candy, but don't care much for M&M'S®, you may just want to share a bag with a friend. That should be enough to satisfy you, and then in 10 years when someone says, "Hey, remember Wildly Cherry M&M'S®?", you can say that you tried them.

2 comments:

Jim said...

First, i'm not sure if you noticed this or not but the M&M's website you linked to offers a mathematical "percent breakdown" of the two colors in the bag. 60 - 40.

Second, I think this is the most wonderful idea for a blog in history.

Third, if you have a chance at all, I was wondering if you could please take time to give me a fuller understanding of the new Lays product: Cracker Crisps.

I noticed them in the supermarket the other day and wanted to try them but it was too many Weight Watchers points. There's an assortment of flavors and if you could analyze any one of them, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I'll try that! said...

Greetings, jim!

First of all, thank you for visiting "I'll try that!" and, in case you're wondering, that exclamation point means you have to shout it out.

I did notice the M&M color breakdown, and I enjoyed it. Click around and see the other M&M's package color ratios. (For instance, red and brown are always distributed equally and in the lowest quantity, except for in M&M'S® MINIS® and Chocolate Mini Baking Bits.)

Thank you for the product suggestion. I checked my current inventory and Cracker Crisps are not in there, so they have been added to my shopping list.

Thank you for your comments, suggestion, and, most of all, SUPPORT!