3/10/08

Snacks: Pringles Stix

I consider myself lucky to live in an area that does product testing. It gives me the opportunity to see, and try, things before they hit the mainstream, if ever.

My most recent find is a box of Pringles Stix. I had my choice between pizza and honey butter, though there are apparently other flavors available. I picked up the pizza flavored Stix.

The box contains 10 packages. When I opened a package, I was a little worried that eating these was going to resemble eating something like uncooked spaghetti.

I munch on a few, with no real opinion one way or the other. The pizza flavor is not the same as the one they use on their potato chips, which is a little strange. One would think that a company would stand behind their decision of what the flavor of pizza really is. My only guess is that potato and wheat are to different in taste to have kept the mixture the same. I think an easy way around this confusing mess would have been to call the Stix version "Italian" since that is a much more accurate description of the taste.

You should be getting by now that I was not particularly impressed with these. I was ready to make a judgement.

Pros:
Less than 100 calories per pack.
3 other flavors to try
The actual stick is fun to eat; its a nice change from chips, crackers, & pretzels.

Cons:
Bland. It really lacks the flavor cleverly packed into Pringles brand chips
Fragile! About half of the sticks in the package were broken in half or smaller pieces.

Verdict:
- I feel comfortable giving a general verdict on the Pizza flavor. Skip it.
- As for the other flavors, maybe give them a try if you feel the urge. They might be more exciting, and less disappointing.

3 comments:

javi said...

I hate when stuff gets broken inside the package and in the worst case you end eating half the content as dust. Nice to know that beforehand.

Great review.

I'll try that! said...

Javi- I agree 100%

SamZzz said...

I actually like these. Yes, it's not the same taste as a Pringles Pizza flavored chip, but it has a certain spiciness to it that I like. I've also tried the Vanilla ones, a completely different texture to these with a nice "cookie" flavor. As for breakage, your grocer must be rough on food. While I have had some break in two, I have never had a pack of Stix Dust.