5/12/08

Candy: Herbert's Fully Loaded Blueberry Bites

Herbert's Candies is the self proclaimed maker of 'New England's Finest Chocolates'. We'll see about that.

The Fully Loaded aspect of this candy has to do with the combination of fine chocolate and a filling, in this case fruit, but they also have nuts and creams. I had my choice at the store and figured that I rarely eat any chocolate and blueberry mixtures so this would be the one to try.

The packaging is tantalizing and sexy. You almost feel ashamed to buy it, like its a naughty product from the adult room of the video store. YES, its THAT sexy.

I might be exaggerating a bit, but I will say that I had no idea what to expect when opening the thing up. Turns out they are in the range of, bite-size peanut butter cups, cherry cordials, and the chocolates that are in those romantic heart-shaped(and non heart-shaped) boxes. It was wrapped in purple foil with "Fully Loaded" patterned all over it, while unwrapping it reveals the flower design on the top of the chocolate. Strange, but I guess it's a trademark or something like that.

Now, the fun part: Tasting. The chocolate itself is rich, and a nice bittersweet for dark chocolate. The filling is fruity as promised, but also a sweet counter to the bitterness of the chocolate. The blueberry flavor is mouthwatering, but mild and quickly overpowered.

Good stuff, very gourmet tasting.

(This is the top right picture in "Guess What I Tried!"1)

Pros:
Nice package quantity.
Very inviting packaging.
High quality candy and flavor.

Cons:
I expected an entire blueberry to be inside based on the package.
I also had no idea what I was buying. (candy shape and size)
Intense sweetness, you really can only eat one or two without going into sugar shock.

Verdict:
A nice treat, or gift. It's not an everyday candy, but this is definitely something to keep in a bowl on your coffee table or on your desk at work. This candy could become your trademark. It's very, very good.


1 comment:

Monster Bash Blog said...

i liked your description of the treat...it reminds me of when giada delaurentiis eats something and then describes the "bitterness" with the "Crunchiness" and my mouth waters thinking about it! nicely done!