5/15/08

Snack: Osem Bissli Smokey Flavor

Yuck! Well, not entirely, but pretty close...

This product from Osem, is not something you are going to find in a convenience store or gas station mart. It's apparently a traditional wheat snack in Israel. Check out the Bissli page.

I should have known when it said "Smokey Flavor". It walks a thin line between completely disgusting and almost bearable.

It's just gross. I can't even get the taste out of my mouth. They managed to take a hard wheat tube and make it taste like smoke. Eww.

(This is the bottom right picture in "Guess What I Tried!"1)

Pros:
Um... it's Kosher.

Cons:
It's hard, tastes like smoke, and and smells like pork rinds (which is ironic).
I am probably going to have nightmares about eating this.

Verdict:
If you go to Israel, bring snacks with you... If you are celebrating passover, just snack on Matzo Crackers.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doh! i was sure that that pic was bissli, but when i went to their website, the pictures looked different. you should definitely try some other flavors, some of them are good. if i remember correctly, i liked the barbecue, onion and taco flavors. try them and let me/us know.

i'm still enjoying your site, i wish i had the nerve to try so many new things. i'll try and come up with some suggestions for you, if i can.

I'll try that! said...

Thanks for the kind words, if i ever come across some other flavors I will have to give them a try.

I am hoping I get to make it to an asian market one day soon, to pick up some really out-there stuff.